Dr. Mary J. Picchioni, Ph.D., Owner and President of NSSA INC.
Dr. Picchioni is a native of Tucson and has worked as an advanced clinical nutritionist for the past thirty-five years in hospital and outpatient settings. She received her B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from The University of Arizona and completed her dietetic internship at Rush Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center in Chicago.
Dr. Picchioni is a member of the American College of Nutrition, American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, American Society of Nutrition (a constituent society of the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology – FASEB), Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Oncology Nursing Society, Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society (secretary, The University of Arizona Chapter), The Metabolomics Society, and The Mitochondrial Research Society.
Dr. Picchioni’s credentials are as follows:
- Ph.D. (Doctorate in Nutritional Sciences)
- CNSSM (Certified Nutrition Specialist practitioner)
- CNIS (Certified Nutrition Injury Specialist from the Carl T. Hayden VA in Phoenix)
- RD (Registered Dietitian with the American Dietetics Association)
- CDE (Certified Diabetes Educator)
- LDN (Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania)